Thursday, February 4, 2016

Snaps - Robinson Preserve 5

Greetings from the Hermit Writer.

A juvenile Yellow Crowned Night Heron. His name is Marcus.

He's so cute.

And here's Mom, not too bothered I crawled off the trail a bit close to young Marcus to get his picture.

I think this is Uncle Howard. He was bashful.


The observation tower is nice to visit. You ca see things. Like the Skyway, and a lot of wetlands.

Plus I think it's kind of photogenic too.

I caught this paddle boarder from the tower. Don't ask me why she's wearing a white skirt and blouse. (It was Sunday. Maybe she just came from church.)

14 comments:

  1. I'd love to be on the observation tower with my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wearing white in that situation is a mark of confidence I think!

    Nice set of pictures.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, the night herons are cool birds. Great series. Are there gators in with the paddle boarder? Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i could not get that close in the zoo ;)

    beautiful reflection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is cool, and so proud of it too you can just tell! Very cool reflection shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The birds are beautiful. I'd love to climb that tower and take pics of the views from the top. As for the girl paddle boarding in a skirt? Interesting. Makes for a great picture I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. de vogel is prachtig maar de dame die daar over het water peddelt is ook heel mooi genomen met die prachtige omgeving

    ReplyDelete
  8. love those bird photos--great shots--and that girl is brave to be out there in all alone!!
    love and laughter, di

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those herons - and the observation tower. You are right. Just a teeny, weeny bit photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing shots of the heron!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful place and those heron are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete