My friend Kasi Blake has a new title out TODAY! I want you to give her a little attention for me (buying her book is good). Here are some reasons why you should read Crushed.
I asked Kasi about two key elements I always want to know about an author and a book I’m considering.
(1) Please summarize your writing style for us in twenty words or less:
My books are full of twists, action, and exciting characters you’ll want to know better.
(2) Describe your protagonist in Crushed:
Kristen is done being the good girl, the one everyone takes advantage of because they know she’s too responsible to say no. Her mom walked out on them years ago so Kristen feels like she has to take care of her dad and sisters. But now, she’s going to be bad, and it starts with enchanting the gorgeous boy known as tall, dark, and scary.
The Noah girls have beauty, powers, and brains. They use all three to play their games. They blow the dust, the boys are crushed, and no one is ever the same.
1. Use wisdom to pick your target. The boy can't be too weak or too strong-willed.
2. Blow the enchanted dust into your target's face to enchant (Crush) him.
3. Give verbal commands and assign them tasks to perform throughout the year. The more tasks completed, the stronger the witch's power grows.
4. At the end of the year, the witch with the most power wins cold, hard cash.
As if being a witch in high school isn't complicated enough, Kristen picks the wrong boy to Crush. Zach is tall, handsome, and a little scary. Her Crush spell isn't working on him like it has with the others. In fact, he is behaving the opposite of every other boy she's Crushed, hating her instead of adoring her. Something is definitely wrong. After someone attempts to kill her, Kristen realizes there is more at risk than a few hundred dollars. She may be betting with her life.