Friday, May 17, 2024

What I'm Up To (Big Smile)

After publishing 40 novels I decided I would do something else. I spent some time teaching middle school math. Stopped all my social media, dropped my beautiful website.

Hadn't expected to get back to writing....

But I lost my big brother last fall...and spiraled into a dark place. To help get out, I sat down in January and wrote a sequel to my wife's favorite series, Black Lake. I had and have no intention of publishing it.

But decided to share it, so I have repurposed my old writing blog and will begin serializing the novel there. (Last published chapter will be on top...so look for the chapter number you need under the Labels on the right.)

Mac's Novel Idea (macsnovelidea.blogspot.com)

It's the sixth novel with the Black Lake characters, in the Black Lake world.

I hope you'll check in, read a chapter. If you like it, suggest it to a friend.

- Love you all.

The series' original blurb:

The game in the gorges and rich pastures of the highlands draw humans, giants, and little people to the Range. The majical kind follow. So do the orcs and goblins from the eastern desert. The races must put centuries of hatred behind them to live in peace.

The first four novels were set in a pre-industrial era. Five and six are present time, but in a world where ogres and trolls may be your next door neighbor.

8 comments:

  1. It is lovely to see you back (however briefly). I am sorry for your loss and glad that writing helped you out of that dark space. And yes, I will be reading.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hello and welcome back, for however long you choose to stay. Sorry to hear about your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your brother, but I'm glad you're back.

    Stay well, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was pleasantly surprised to see you blog again but saddened by the news. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete