Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sunday Safari - Tramway - El Paso TX

My first Sunday Safari from my temporary home, here in El Paso. Very different from what you've grown accustomed to seeing in my safaris, but hope you enjoy.

Reminds me I'll have to work on my Spanish...

It's good to have a mountain to look at again. After 26 years in Florida...I've missed having something on the horizon...


Mexico lies in the background down there...

Beautiful Alzheimer center on the side of Mount Franklin...built since I lived here...

Looking over part of El Paso built up around the turn of the previous century, with Ft. Bliss in the near background. The mountains in the background is the southern tip of the range that makes up the Lincoln National Forest. 'Lincoln'...ring a bell...Billy the Kid's famous haunt...






A tram sliding up the side of the mountain...


About half-way to the tramway...looking north...

El Paso's 'famous' rock quarry in the near background...

Another shot of the valley that part of El Paso and Ft. Bliss lies in...

Neat to catch the moon during a day-time shot...



Back down the mountain...heading to my MIL's house...saw this place...right out of an earlier century...except for the Houston Texan's flag...


Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Your post this morning, is far and away the best Sunday morning "breath of fresh air" I've seen lately. Not that Florida doesn't offer much beauty, it does. But by far the mountains always hold a magical call for me. When we drove "out west" every summer growing up (before my adult trips there) it was always the mountains I couldn't wait to see. If mountains are there, I will find them. I can't believe how many people I've introduced Red Rock Canyon to about 20 minutes from Las Vegas. When I go to Vegas I always rent a car to explore! No I don't really gamble, I people watch! Excellent mountain pixs, the unusual tree and squiggly sign awesome pix, my most favorite of all, makes me want to print it out for my desk- is the last quaint little wooden shack. The clay pots pull you in, and you hope someone will come out to say....my Spanish isn't so good either! Enjoy these temporary digs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved seeing El Paso again, especially with your wonderful photography. The last time I was there, they didn't have the tram running, so apparently it's back up again.

    Wonderful shots!

    ReplyDelete