Friday, November 24, 2017

Gator Creek Nature Preserve.

Greetings from the Hermit WRiter. Remember me warning you about my tree loving nature?

I love how oaks reach, and reach, and reach. They are such cool trees.

Nice the park's people give us nice places to sit and contemplate.

And those oaks swirl around.

Texture of one of those benches. I think I'll keep hiking.

Love the gray texture of winter cypress.

Best marked park in Florida. Weird thing, this park is flooded (and closed) more than it's open. Finally come this way during the dry season...and that entire loop in red is closed because of downed trees. Thanks Irma.



9 comments:

  1. Hello, it is sad all the damage Irma did to the beautiful trees. I am glad some of the trail was open! Enjoy your day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to hear about the trees down too. Sounds like a great place to go when it's open...a little scary because of the name! lol Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Gator Creek, my kind of place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb forests, I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Downed trees make my heart ache, though given time they become beautiful again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always so sad, the damage done by storms. We had so much damage to trees and nature after super storm sandy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how wide an oak tree can spread, enough shade all at once for everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its almost as if every tree has its own story to tell. Nice photos.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. We lost many exotic Australian Pines but the Pond Cypress trees were all upright and intact after Irma.

    ReplyDelete