Friday, September 29, 2017

Favorite Passage in my WIP

Greetings from the Hermit Writer. I grinned a lot as I worked this scene.

The phone rang again and Brewster motioned at herself. I told her to knock herself out. I have to admit her voice carried the whole hooker hotline-ambiance better. Flynn says I lack emotion in my voice.
It was a date for Julia. Hadn’t heard her name yet. When Brewster hung up, she wondered aloud how much the girls get for a date. “Probably a week of my pay.”
I suggested she could fill in for Emily. “That woman is in demand.”
“Nah. Probably catch the clap, with my luck with men.”
“You have bad luck with men?” I asked. Yep. I was surprised. I mean, she’s a brick house, good looking, smart, witty. I’d do her if I had the time. Wouldn’t really. Flynn has me convinced I’m not gay. Though I still hold the tiniest bit of doubt. Wouldn’t know for sure until I sampled straight sex, probably.



12 comments:

  1. good stuff - i really like this cover!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your a great writer. Wish I was great reader. You have some good stuff.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very glad to know that even with the chaos and the clean-up writing is still high on your priority list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always fun to get these sneak peeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be honest, that passage doesn't make me want to read the rest of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, great passage and cover! Thanks for the peak! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done, Mac;) Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent! Bravo on this cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now you do know this type of thing is going to get you into trouble don you!! Splendid.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the title of your book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You grinned a lot, because what's happening in your scene is so familiar? (smile). Saw you on one the bird bloggers who frequent my meme All Seasons. Hope your writing goes well:)

    ReplyDelete