Monday, June 12, 2017

KILLING THE RISING SUN - Bill O'Reilly



I love history. If you do too, I have a strong recommendation for ya.

All history books give you dates and the names of the famous people involved in events. KtRS is a great read because it humanizes not just the famous but the incidental, to bring the event alive, make the emotion tangible, weaves them together masterfully.

We ordered KtRS as the MP3 version…and I loved that all of the footnotes were read inline. The footnotes are half of the history in all of the ‘killing’ books. (If you haven’t read Killing Jesus, I recommend it too…the historical footnotes were riveting, but inconvenient to flip to the notes in the back, even in the e-book version.) The inline notes of the MP3 (and I assume the audio) version created the context of the people and events like I’ve never gotten in a history book before.


Interested in checking it out: [click here]


5 comments:

  1. Good recommendation. Haven't read it yet. Maybe some day;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a big fan of history. And biography. And autobiography. And diaries. And letters. So many books, so little time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...by Bill Oreilly? I'll pass!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always interested in most history.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one isn't for me. I like history, but not war.

    ReplyDelete