Saturday, October 8, 2016

Fav Passage - Don't Trust the Hitman


“You have trust issues,” Connath mumbled.
“You came within an inch of putting a fifty caliber in his head.” Michael pointed at me.
“Was closer than that,” Connath said. “I don’t know how he walked away. Never have missed that shot. I mean, I was only ninety feet away. Jeez.”
Yeah. All those bullets were on their path before I hit the floor. Sobering thought.
“You trying to make friendly?” Michael rasped.
“I said sorry.”
I was actually getting to like the jerk. Except for the part about him being a remorseless murderer. There was a good reason we were packing and he wasn't.



4 comments:

  1. Hmm.
    Having trust issues sounds entirely appropriate to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to trust anyone when guns and bullets are involved. I like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the cover and the passage...i can see why it is a favorite. does anyone trust a hitman??!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, it's never wise to trust a hit man ever!

    ReplyDelete