Friday, July 15, 2016

Favorite Passage

Whoop, whoop. I finished the draft of SEEker 3 Wednesday. (Spins around twice and performs the splits).

Jon and Amelia shopping for a suit:

I hoped for pinstripes. Don’t bigshots wear pinstripes? Figured basic black was boring. But she gave me a look when I curled my lips up. She said the stitching was adequate. Wool, silk blend. Light enough for Tampa weather. There is no clothing light enough for Tampa’s August.
She chose a tie for me too. Smart girl. I don’t own a tie, which she probably assumed. Shoes. I hadn’t thought about that. My hikers probably would have clashed. I hated what she selected. But she gave me that eye. She found black socks. I grimaced when she picked up a package of underwear. Briefs. Oh–my–God. Really? She said it was obscene to go commando in a suit.
It’s August for crying out loud!



6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing the draft. I love the descriptions of the suit buying expedition !

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you but don't be spinning around twice and performing splits...doesn't seem like a good thing after the bike injury!!!!

    this is a good passage!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SHE is a bossy boots. Very, very bossy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's right about the briefs, especially in the heat. Heat=sweat which is not what you want a good suit absorbing, hence the briefs.
    Good passage, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Sounds like a fun read. Now send pictures of the spin and split.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly! For crying out loud- I love that line. Congratulations Mac!

    ReplyDelete