Friday, June 10, 2016

Favorite Passage

Greetings from the Hermit Writer. If you read my novels, you know I love banter. And, that I crack myself up:

Michael said, “I’ll pound you into snot if you don’t wipe that grin off your face.”
I lifted the lid of the skillet steamer-thing for a peek. “Take your best shot, old man.”
Norm slapped at my hand. I got a good facial before I got the lid closed.
 “Where’ve you two been?” Michael asked.
“Slumming,” I said, peeking into the fridge.
“I had to spend two hours alone with Norm,” Festus mumbled. “Thought I’d die of boredom.”
Norm scrunched his brows together at the kid.
“Good warning to you,” Michael said. “Keep out of accounting. Rips all things interesting out of your soul.”
“Huh?” Festus grunted.
I snagged a Yoplait. Norm mumbled about ruining my dinner. Yeah. That had never happened before. I got a spoon, licked the back of the Yoplait sticky-lid while Michael explained to Festus why Norm was so boring.



3 comments:

  1. Looks interesting. I'll have to see about adding this one to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all the sassy back and forth in your books
    MB

    ReplyDelete