Thursday, May 5, 2016

Two Horrible Clichés in my Blurb


I published Persona Kory Mae January of 2012. I’m in the process of re-editing/re-publishing. I found lots of faults [& fixed them]. 

The hardest thing to write is a concise blurb. I can’t believe I published PKM with two clichés in the blurb. .......feed back is always appreciated on the new version. 

UPDATED

Getting killed wasn’t in Toni’s plans. Notoriety wasn’t either, but the design of her new ship alters what engineers thought they knew about faster-than-light travel. Hounded for her technology, pins holding her spine together, independence shattered, she takes on a crew with their own agenda who fling her into galactic intrigue. They tick off rebels who want the Earth Union out of their space. She should have made a Plan B.



5 comments:

  1. LOL Publishers are notorious for cliches in their blurbs. I have them in mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not much goes wrong? A mistress of understatement. British heritage no doubt.
    I think I like the third - but would like to see a bit about her resuscitation in it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The third one is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a writer only a reader so you are on your own---I'll look again.
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which reminds me, im not an avid book reader but like to relax and read one on my summer vacations at the beach. Any recommendations?
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete