Wednesday, April 20, 2016

A Passage I must add to dead maybe

For you non-writers… “Telling” is an expeditious way of getting information to the reader. “Showing” is leveraged to share emotion, place the reader into the scene.

Here is a tidbit of showing I need to add to dead maybe. I don’t know where yet. But it came to me when I was walking the pups last night.

Fear is relative. There was the time the spider startled me. It had crawled next to me on my cot. So big I could have saddled the thing. Not sure how old I was. Under ten, because Vonda still wore the chain attached to her ankle. She slapped the hell out of me. “Don’t be an imbecile,” she hissed. “There are real horrors in this world. When you face them you better have your wits about you.”



9 comments:

  1. a very cool image on the cover!!!! congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be screaming my head off and running for the hills. Hate spiders! Love the cover, Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it.

    My husband is loving Expiring Covenant. Loves that the MC is an ogre. Thanks for keeping him entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! That's a good passage :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phew, that "showed" us for sure!

    ReplyDelete