Friday, March 4, 2016

Favorite Passage

Greetings from the Hermit Writer. From my current project.

“You okay?” Flynn asked.
I nodded.
“Didn’t take long,” he said.
Didn’t have much business to discuss. The case opened and closed.
“Looks like it’s all here.”
That is why I keep a CPA handy.
Finally Roch joined us. He pounded on his steering wheel a few times. I don’t think he was happy.
“What kind of a conspiracy did you just make me a part of?” His volume hurt my ears a little in the confined space.
“Are you Masad? CIA? What the hell are you?”
He wasn’t calming down.
“We should go. Now,” I rasped.
“There’s still a witness,” he said. “What about the clerk.”
He needed to calm down. “You want me to kill the clerk?”
“No,” he bellowed.



6 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Love the tension.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound very tense. I need a cup of tea and a lie-down :-) Good on yer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can think of a few clerks I WOULD like killed.
    My bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do have a way with words!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh go ahead, kill the clerk. (*~*)
    He/she might get drunk and blab...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely a fantasy novel; otherwise the clerk would be history! ;-)

    ReplyDelete