Monday, February 15, 2016

Series - Tampa's Gasparilla Parade 1

Greetings from the Hermit Writer.

Tampa has an annual festival called Gasparilla.

Named after a local legend, the pirate Jose Gaspar.

For whatever reason we celebrate his illegalities with multiple parades. 

A daytime parade with only minimal drunkenness.

A whole boatload of people attend.

I don't attend the Ybor, nighttime parade. A little too rowdy for my taste.

The nighttime parade boast plenty of bared breasts. But I like visiting with ladies, like these two.

And besides, I don't know how to take decent pictures at night.

The daytime parade has plenty of nice people giving away beeds.

And I'm not averse to nice-LOOKING people, fully dressed, either.

16 comments:

  1. It does look like fun.
    I suspect Jose Gaspar would be happier with the boozy night time celebrations, but his party is over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feathers and long ones at that.
    Looks interesting.
    What have you done to the hair of the women?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very colourful - perfect for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat parade pics! Happy President's Day to you too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool, pirates on parade. Wonderful colorful photos. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's interesting how we celebrate pirates. Modern day pirates are not nice people so I doubt they were way back when. ;)) Your photos are fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great parade idea....thoughts of Johnny Depp come to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carnival is here, grand images.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun. I enjoy fun. In small doses. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh this is darn cool, how'd I miss it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great photo opp and so colorful. I would have loved to be there with my camera. You've got some great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic! Love those hats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like lots of fun...pretty, colorful outfits!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun shots of the parade - and so colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great parade---we have the Seafair Pirates here in August. tradition!
    MB

    ReplyDelete