Thursday, February 18, 2016

Favorite Passage (Just to prove I'm writing)

Black suit was easy to find among the flip-flops and Hawaiian shirts in the lobby. Thirtyish. Attractive. Stern haircut. Stern expression. Had to be a freakin’ lawyer. No one has more attorneys than the feds and the mob. Had Vonda told me that? Maybe I got it out of a novel. I read a lot.
I sat in the armchair facing him, greeted him in Russian. He glared.
“Aran Morgan?” he asked remaining in English.
No. Evidently the last name is Papadakis. Did he know that? Probably. Maybe not, if he wasn’t a Russian. With luck maybe only the Russians knew I was related to that psychotic bitch.


13 comments:

  1. I never doubted you were busy writing!!

    Good stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (replace that with than in the line about the feds have more attorneys than the mob)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. holy moly I had to read the sentence five times before I saw it. Proof hard to edit your own writing.

      Delete
  3. the first one is still my favorite, i'm sure i picked that one last time. i like the way you describe stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lookin' good!! I don't get the assumption that because black suit was attractive he had to be a lawyer though; you evidently make your lawyers differently over there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course you are writing. And Mar is waiting. And you know she doesn't do the patience thing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Thirtyish. Attractive. Stern haircut. Stern expression."
    Sounds like FBI to me.
    And please replace the stray "that" with 'than' like Elizabeth Seckman suggests.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The question is "Do you ever stop writing?" If not on paper then in your head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. always in my head. Reason I don't sleep very well. Reason my wife often has to repeat things for me. (I have to explain, okay, back here in Tampa)

      Delete
  8. I can relate to your last comment about having a story always in your head. By the way, I always have to search for "that" when I edit. We can't write all the time, however, and we do enjoy your photos as well.

    ReplyDelete