Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Favorite Passage - WIP (6 Ways to Kill)

Tebs asked, “What?”
She knows when my mind spirals in a different direction. Did a light flash on my forehead?
I sighed. “I’m this executive of this stinkin’ multi-million dollar company. Is there any reason for me to finish my degree?”
“You should finish your bachelor’s and go on to medical school.”
That shocked me. “What?” My voice took its turn to go up two octaves.
She exhaled hard. “You have one of the broadest street educations of anyone I’ve ever met, for a twenty-one-year-old, which will benefit you and your company. But formal education—”
I guess she supposed she didn’t need to finish that statement.
“How’s being a doctor going to help me run a security firm?”
“The best business people understand people,” she said.
She wants me to be a shrink? I smiled on the inside. I’m a border-line-schizophrenic, bipolar nut job, mild autistic. This shrink knows better than anyone I fail to understand how people think.


6 comments:

  1. Oooh.
    Less posts, more writing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone with such mental problems..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, now I just want to read much more of that book. Is it finished?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting, Mac....I met a man yesterday who struggles with bi-polar disorder and is an alcholic as well. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete