Monday, November 2, 2015

Favorite Passage - Current WIP

Greetings from the Hermit Writer. (Context--book occurs in pre-apocalyptic US...characters prepping for a jog.

Brice’s voice did its wah wah. I stopped to listen. He was whining about maybe not going far from the motel, as he struggled to pull his heel to his butt in a stretch. He must have seen that in a movie once, or something. There aren’t many who can look spastic stretching, but Brice accomplished it.
And Dacey wondered why Brice and I were destined only to be friends.
I didn’t answer his whining. If he got scared, he could scamper back alone. Why am I so mean? I’m not always, I don’t think. Maybe I am. Maybe it’s just with those I know well.
No.
I can smash a stranger into mush too.
We headed out to Dacey’s, Have fun.


7 comments:

  1. Hmmm.
    Dacey generally knows her better than she does. And all teenagers are pains in the proverbial. She just ups the ante.
    More please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this may not be appropriate but this stretching thing has become huge. lately, on our bike path, everyone is stretching and it does look a bit odd. and i know i am not a mean girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talking up some violence there...yes, it's make believe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings to you and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete