Saturday, October 17, 2015

Shout Out for Author Patsy Collins

Mac kindly said I could visit his blog to tell you a little about my new romantic comedy, Firestarter.

What to tell you? As you visit Mac's blog I'm going to rashly assume you like the same things he does. If I'm, right, you'll approve of the cover with it's bright colours and hair long enough for a ponytail (Rumour has it Mac has a slight thing for ponytails!)

There's plenty more brightness in the book, including gorgeous flowers and lead character Alice's personality - and her dress sense! 

I can't model the outfits for you, but imagine my sweater in a strappy, figure-hugging dress and you'll get the idea. Alice also has a rather fabulous outfit in fire engine red. Quite appropriate as another major character is fireman Hamish. He even serves in Red Watch.









Birds feature quite frequently both on Mac's blog and in Firestarter. Hamish, and Alice, volunteer at a wildlife sanctuary, on the south coast of England. They help conserve the habitats for a range of birds including gulls and oyster catchers. These cute birds, with their bright red beaks and feet are Alice's favourite. Hamish likes them too, but also hopes to see another red footed bird - choughs. In an attempt to spot these, they travel up to Wales, where they watch seals and a wide variety of seabirds, before heading back to the cottage to get warmed up.


Firestarter is involves hunky firemen, a jealous ex, unhappy rivals, creepy boss, danger, weird clothing choices and a few red-footed crows. There's masses of wonderful food, disgusting wine, and smelly mud, plus mind boggling sisterly advice and steamy Welsh passion.



24 comments:

  1. Drat you Mac.
    It is bad enough tempting me with your own books and now you wave colour and birds and ANOTHER tempting book in front of my weak-willed nose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's really only one way to deal with the temptation to read a book ... give in!

      Delete
    2. I totally agree...one must give in.

      Like with the Borg...resistance is futile.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. ABASOLELUTELY

      I'm glad you came over and looked for the post. I didn't get on the computer until really late today

      Delete
  3. Oh my, your review has started a fire in my reading desire! Add steamy Welsh passion (which runs in my own roots) this sounds perfect to check out! Thanks, and it's very sweet of you to share a shout out for Patsy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen!

      Yes, sweet of Mac - he's a good egg (as they say round here)

      Delete
  4. I'm thinking I may have seen Patsy's book (might have a bookmark even) from attending the Rocket City Lit fest last Saturday in Huntsville! So many awesome authors were there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think you can have done as I didn't send anything there, Karen. Maybe you've seen it online somewhere? It's really hard to keep track of what we've seen where, isn't it?

      Delete
  5. I love the cover! VERY colorful and eye-catching. Congrats to Patsy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you, Charlie.

      Delete
    2. Charlie...Thanks for coming over for the visit

      Delete
  7. Congrats Patsy. Nice cover; and great to know all that floral beauty is in the story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the cover too. Wonder if the South Coast wildlife sanctuary is the same one I used for my story in this week's Friend mag! Wishing you the very best of luck with the novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds as though between us we're looking after a lot of fictional creatures, Wendy.

      Delete
    2. Wendy...thanks for coming over to visit my digs

      Delete
  9. Hi Mac - Patsy writes lovely stories, heart-warming yet so true to life ... great shout out for her ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw, thanks, Hilary.

      Delete
    2. Hilary...thanks for visiting over on my side of the www

      Delete
  10. Great pictures of the birds, and I love the wildlife sanctuary part of the book as well. Looking forward to reading.

    ReplyDelete