Monday, October 19, 2015

Favorite Passage - Saving Maggie

Greetings from the Hermit Writer. I'm making an edit pass of my shifter novel.

She vomited in her hands. I leapt for the sink for towels to clean her up. After I got her a sip of water to wash out her mouth, tears flowed. I think she'd used all the sobs she had in this life. I should have put my arm around her, or something. That isn't something I'm good at. She probably would have noticed. 

Sometimes it is better to not try, than to fail. I sat. She didn't move, but the tears continued to drip off her cheek, soaking the front of the ugly hospital smock. I should bring her some proper pajamas.


2 comments:

  1. Hmmm.
    I would need more than a sip of water. Swill and spit...
    As always, intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I'm going to have to check it out. Tease. =)

    ReplyDelete