Wednesday, September 16, 2015

For Writers – Google Docs’ Dictionary

A wonderful beta reader gave me an eye opening opportunity to learn…beyond the nits she found in my novel. Jacqueline set my manuscript up in Google Docs. The integrated dictionary in Google Docs popped on several things MS Word’s dictionary ignored. I will be using Google Docs for one of your editing passes from now on.

Some of the catches:
Eye lashes (eyelashes)
Peep hole (peephole)
Cat walk (catwalk)
Panic hording (hoarding)
Straight forward (straightforward)
Sky light (skylight)
Discrete (discreet)
Good bye (goodbye)


Of course it preferred alright over all right, and had no clue what internment or sob meant. But on the whole, the exercise was a huge win.

9 comments:

  1. I would never have thought to use Google Docs. Hmmm. Something to consider.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google Docs, I'll go to him/her next week..............

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew google docs would do that. I may have to bug you on just what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting. I will have to do some research on how to work it:) Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just another reason why I like Google!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. ...and you teach me some more. A great new word *wink*

      Delete
    2. Then you'll just love gollydingers, lol.

      Delete