Thursday, August 27, 2015

Favorite Passage (Opening Paragraph)

Greetings from the Hermit Writer. Diving into my first edit pass.

After two semesters of college psychology I thought I’d better understand my own psychosis. I failed the diagnosis of sociopath merely because I loved a dog more than myself, and latched onto a homeless man. The way I nag at the poor man, I must care. Though in truth, can’t say I empathize with him. That could be because I’ve never leaned toward four hundred pounds. So can’t appreciate his struggle to get down to human proportions.


7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good lead, Mac!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adult thriller, I'm scared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah. She is not a sociopath. She cares for more people than she knows. Or will admit.
    Despite her grades she fails psychology. At least in assessing herself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good opening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. an entire book and you have a favorite passage. i think that's so cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete