Thursday, August 13, 2015

Favorite Passage, Current WIP

Greetings from the Hermit Writer. (Setting...blind date, early evening, Minneapolis in July)

“A bit warm tonight still, huh?” Brice held the passenger door open for me.
Warm? I shivered. “I’m breaking out in a sweat,” I said, slipping onto the leather seat.
He said he’d get the AC on. If he reached a hand out to do that he’d pull back a stub. “Don’t bother.”
Maybe I should have been more assertive, because he reached for the dash before he even closed his door. I slapped his hand. He lurched and belted out an ouch as though I’d clubbed him with numchucks.
“I was kidding. I’m from Florida. Remember. Seventy degrees is freezing to me.”
There. I was probably assertive enough.
He didn’t move for a moment. I told him to close his door. He said, Yes ma’am.
Ah. This was starting out swell.



3 comments:

  1. Sounds like Mar is continuing to be her feisty self. Which is lovely. To watch from a safe distance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont know about the book but sure the cover photo is a hit:))))

    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...... to be continued.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete