Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Favorite Passage, from my WIP

Greetings from the Hermit Writer.

“So why were you so bent when you got off the phone?” Kory asked his dad.
Dacey rattled off an excellent summary. He could write for those CliffsNotes people. Kory ripped a four-letter noun. The admiral glared. Kory apologized. But his eyes tracked Dacey’s movement, or rather the motion of the bacon being layered across the sausage links that hadn’t yet started to sizzle.
I think Kory’s eyes got us all studying Dacey’s movements. Until he clanged a lid over the pile of pork. The bell drew us all out of our trances.
The best part of living in the same house with Dacey, breakfast isn’t breakfast without two thousand calories of heart clogging pork.



3 comments:

  1. interesting...made me think a little, about what came before and what comes after!! can you really eat breakfast without pork?? not at my house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More please.
    I liked Dacey. Quite a lot. Definitely some hidden depths there.
    Hold the pork breakfast though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to be sitting in that kitchen - obviously with a peg on my nose so I wouldn't be tempted to indulge in the 'fry up'. Oh.... go on then....I'll have fried eggs with mine, please.

    ReplyDelete