Monday, June 1, 2015

Draft Blurb for Six Ways to Mental

Greetings from the Hermit Writer. I've typed The End on my current work in process. Drafting the blurb before I start my editing. How does this sound?

Nightmares, panic attacks, and depression. Margarite is hammered by the typical issues of a seventeen year old loner, whose parents sympathized with crazy people intending to end humanity. The few who care about Mar have more concerns. Her drinking. Fighting. Jumping out of airplanes. 

Her brother engineered the plague that’s breaking out across the globe and she holds a little guilt for not stopping it. Or being one of the first to die. Still, conspirators behind what they call the correction are not done with her.


6 comments:

  1. I think I would leave the last sentence out. Already wanting to know more at that point...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. huh...I thought it added to the intrigue :)

      Delete
  2. Ah yes, it's the jumping out of airplanes that I'm curious about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Works for me! I just think it's cool that you write the end ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you know what to do?
    MB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I follow the characters. I never know where they are going. Sometimes I'm shocked the way they go.

      Delete