Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sunday Safari - Sumica Heritage Site

Greetings from the Hermit Writer. These shots are from April 05. Sumica is due south of Orlando, off SR 60.

This is a perfect shot to represent inland South Florida. In the high eighties 04/05, but the cloud cover kept me in the shade half of the time. Whew.

Ah, dang. Forgot my horse.

The serious wild flowers are months away...but this caught my attention.

If you don't know...I love clouds and trees. So I take a lot of shots others might go, "Meh." Hope I don't bore you.

Uhhhh, ahhhh.

Trees kept me out of the sun a bit too. 

Don't ask me.

I don't know.

Don't know this one either.

I SHOULD know this one. They are ubiquitous in the Florida wetlands.

Lake Weohyakapka is on the other side of those trees. (There will be no spelling test at the conclusion of this presentation.)

That! Is a cactus bloom. 

I love clouds and trees.

I love just being outside.

Even when the Turkey Vultures are checking me out.

It's okay, because I was checking them out too.

Ahhh, more trees and clouds.

A place to rest my aching back.

Ahhh. How sweet. I wonder if they're still together. She probably divorced him and he's paying her alimony for life, even though she makes more money than him now. 

I'm sure it had a great life. 

Ahhhh. Ohhhhh.

That was one hot date. 

9 comments:

  1. Thank God for the cloudy skies, there is not much tree cover there. I love the pretty wildflowers.. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a beautiful walking path and some pretty amazing trees!! i love when paths allow horses!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I share your love of clouds and trees. And birds. And flowers. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Elephant's Child, I share your love of sky, clouds, trees, and birds (even turkey vultures!) Oh, and flowers, even when I do not what kind they are! Thanks for visiting my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can feel the heat from here. Favourite photo is the gnarled trees forming an arch - beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like a long walk. Next time 'get a horse'.
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm smiling from your hues and views, what a lovely day/hike you had.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love number 4, so eloquent, lol.

    ReplyDelete