Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Favorite Passage

Greetings from the Hermit Writer. I'm on a roll this week (or just need a distraction).

"Don't deny you haven't been his inside source."
Zeller's eyes opened wide.
"I said don't even."
"What makes you—"
"He was sweet on you." I chose not to bother explaining I knew she liked him too despite how rude he was to her on the outside. He treated everyone the same way. A completely agnostic insulter. Geniuses are like that.
Her eyes fluttered. "He was?"
God. She's an idiot. An autistic with no emotions and a dumb blond incapable of picking one out of a salad bar. What did she see in him? Couldn't have been a physical attraction. Reggie's thirty, looks fifty, hair follicle challenged, with no butt. Maybe she was excited she met someone who didn't hit on her, for the first time in her life.



4 comments:

  1. Hmm, thought provoking dialogue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way this says as much about the narrator as about the people they're describing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A whole new perspective on geniuses. I will have to think about that.

    ReplyDelete