Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Favorite Passage

Greetings from the Hermit Writer.

How did I ever manage to drag myself to school? I looked about the cafeteria before settling in my regular, quiet corner. Everyone slithered about with glee on their faces, like a clown blew up. How could the end of the year be so exciting to these people?

Graduation simply meant a totally new torture, in which one either searched for a job or prepared for real studying that cost an arm and a kidney. Growing up, moving on, taking on adult issues was not what it was spray painted on the alley walls to be.


8 comments:

  1. i never felt that way, the way the writer feels BUT this is very well written!!

    have you ever considered writing??? you might be good at it!!! hehehehe - just giving back a little!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my....into the mind of someone not so confident about the future. Having just returned from a graduation ceremony, I suspect there may be many with that kind of fear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly there are students who feel this way. You nailed in a most new light. Although my most fave line here is
    Everyone slithered about with glee on their faces, like a clown blew up. Priceless vision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, deep thoughts to ponder. Kinda sad. I must be the exception. I have wonderful memories of school. I was neither one of the popular kids, nor a nerd. I had my own group of friends and was lucky to find acceptance with everyone. There was no such thing as true bullying. Funny, I went to a large high school right during the turmoil of the "peace & love" drug times in the 60's in southern California, and yet, I have only fond memories! Maybe it was because my foundation was a happy two parent home life with a loving family who supported me an gave me a strong moral compass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all feel that way I think.
    MB




    ReplyDelete
  6. I have certainly felt like that. But then I can think of at least 66 ways to go mental.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice, Mac! I felt the same way about school. Couldn't wait to get out and be on my own. If only I'd known how challenging being a real adult would be. :/

    ReplyDelete