Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Favorite Passage

I thought it was time for another passage from my current work in process. Hope you love it as much as I did.

"Tony asked me out and I said yes."
"Tony?"
"The admiral."
"Tony Evans. The admiral. Asked you out?" I stammered.
She had turned crimson. "So has Hanoch."
"Hanoch? As in Hanoch Beri? Monty?"
She nodded.
"You can't be my shrink because my only two friends in the world are hitting on you?"
She nodded.
"That so sucks," I mumbled.
She nodded.
"You couldn't say no?" I asked.
She cocked her head. "Have you looked at either of them lately?"
They weren't so hot. For old men. Smart. Personable. Okay, they were good looking. A rash of jealousy poured over me. Boiling oil. I could be a Viking climbing a Cumbrian castle wall. I might have had my historical reference a little skewed.


3 comments: