Sunday, April 5, 2015

Any Feedback for my blurb?

Greetings. I've totally reworked 6Ways to Die, which I published five years ago. Working on the blurb before I republish next week. Any of you writing buddies have any suggestions to improve the impact?

Margarite carries baggage. Alcoholic parents who treated her like a stranger. Left alone at fourteen with her thirty year old autistic brother. At sixteen, she may not survive her junior year. A medical researcher, Reggie engineers the ultimate plague. Whack jobs seek to control them. The government pursues them as terrorists. Margarite witnesses ruthlessness, compassion, and competence she couldn't imagine from her brother, but the world needs a miracle. The best they can do is wing it.


5 comments:

  1. I would love to help but I am awful at this. I tend to add too many descriptive and extra words, and the few times I have tried to write a short story, I bombed because I wanted to write short and snarky, with snappy quips. (think Evanovich) but like, pre-school. level..LOL! This is why I don't write reviews about the books I read. Give me a rating system and I am good to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a number rating implies a nice objective simplicity, but taste in writing is as diverse as for art or anything else in the eye of the beholder. Just because one person doesn't like the pace, the setting, description, action, characterization (or a million other elements) doesn't mean the next person will. Unless you tell them that you found the read fast paced, action packed, hilarious...how do they know if it is their kind of reading...when they are looking for a descriptive, introspective epic? Just throwing that out there :)

      Delete
  2. This reader would read it. Mind you, as the child of an alcholic I wish she HAD treated me like a stranger. It would have been safer. And less hurtful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like your'e getting a complimentary copy :)

      Delete
  3. no doubt you are a good writer, really good!! i wish a could read more than a blurb and remember what i read!!!!

    ReplyDelete