Friday, March 6, 2015

Favorite Passage

"She's granted him and his entourage safe passage."
"There's times you can break that pact, right?" I asked.
"Uh." She hesitated way too long. "I guess. I don't know."
"Like, if he's a jerk?"
"I think he'd have to do something like break a council cannon or something."
"You have a cheat sheet on those?" I asked.
"Uh. Never read 'em myself."
"You should really consider going through Catechism."
"Isn't that for the caucuses?"
I sighed. "That really isn't fair. If we have to live under a set of codes, you should too."
"Uh," she mumbled. "Isn't that the cannons?"

(Conversation between Cait, and the vampire Genna)

10 comments:

  1. this vampire stuff is very popular these days, i never did understand it!! your words are well written.....and it's probably good to write about a subject that is so popular!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are unrelenting on the temptation front. But you know that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad I don't read very well. ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff. I love teasers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I better agree with Bob Bushell.
    Haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete