Sunday, June 8, 2014

Sunday Safari - Richloam Track (Green Swamp)


Greetings from the Hermit-Writer. We got about 3" of rain Friday and Saturday [March 29] so I should have re-scheduled this safari. The trails I'd planned to ride were impassable, and I stayed on hardtop most of the day. But I managed a few shots. Hope you enjoy.




The roadway was blazing with wild flowers. Just gorgeous.


Ride started nice.

Beautiful country road.

Roads I planned to ride were private roads. Ended up on the Van Fleet trail for a while. A lot of sights like this...but been there, done that. How can I cut across into Richloam!?

Grandpa and Grandma Kettle were so cute.


The forestry service had performed a controlled burn on this just a couple of weeks ago. Amazing how fast the grass and fern leap back up.

I decided to name him Rufus.

He didn't have much to say.

I asked the little guy if he'd like to follow me home and play with my Lucy, and he sprinted into the swamp. Come on! Rotties aren't that scary.

When I finally got into Richloam...trails looked like this.

I hit this pool and had had enough...back tracked.

Dry trails were hit and miss. Mostly miss.


Most had more water than earth.

On the backside, finally got a couple stinking miles of dry roadbed.


And I found some shade.

Have a great week

3 comments:

  1. Gosh, Rufus seems to be smiling every time! Gramps and Grams Kettle are adorable. Long may they ride together. You captured a great many good shots. Beautiful trip for us as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That scenery is absolutely fantastic ARM, love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rain? Be still my jealous heart. Wonderful safari - thank you.

    ReplyDelete