Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sunday Safari – Edward Medard Park and Reservoir - Part 2 - Plant City, FL


Greetings from the Hermit-Writer. This is Part 2 of my EM Park safari [February 2]. Last week's shots were primarily from the south side of the park, along the reservoir. The latter pictures of this layout captures the unique setting at Edward Medard...where the oaks took root on the debris field of this old phosphate mine. You'll see how the loose sand making up the hills eroded. I'm conflicted over how neat it is to see the oaks' root systems...with how sad it makes me feel that these grand trees will soon topple over and die. Argh.















Have a great week

-R. Mac Wheeler

7 comments:

  1. Het ziet er heel mooi uit,maar om er nou die krokodil tegen te komen,nou nee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those root systems ARE amazing. But they do look fragile. That's an amazing photo of the hawk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thoughts as I wandered the park with you....
    When I was in FL I wanted to see an alligator. There is one that sometimes comes to a pond by my friend's house, but he never made an appearance. Disappointment. Maybe it's like seeing a bear or mountain lion in CO (from a safe distance, of course). The root systems are like sculptures.. amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really interesting shots of the tree roots! The blue skies and water in the first shot is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures. I'd not have stuck around to get them once I aw the alligator!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful, and such amazing trees, but hmm photo # 2 a bit on the scary-creepy side for me!

    ReplyDelete