Sunday, May 12, 2013

Sunday Safari - South El Paso


Greetings from the Hermit-writer.

This encompasses another urban safari, which gives a broader snippit of the local culture. I hope you enjoy



Why aren't there a line of Harleys lined up?







The Angelus Apartments were once the place to stay, I'll bet. But from the outside, they look as though they have seen better days. Can you imagine all this filigree restored? How beautiful would it be!














As I was hiking, and snapping shots of this new federal building, I was thinking how perfectly this monstrosity, this faceless monolith, reflects the overstepping beast that has become our federal government. Buildings for the people should not look as though they are beasts ready to devour them.

Now this is architecture. If my tax dollars have to be sucked into the bottomless pit of the federal government, at least those bureaucrats could give us something like this to be proud of.

Here' is a federal building that better represents what I want the face of my government to look like.

Give me style for my tax dollars



Another look at the face of our government today:

Have a great week. 





4 comments:

  1. I like the hollyhocks and the blue sky. And I agree, the architecture is amazing. El Paso, San Antonio, and Austin are places I'd like to see in Texas. Thanks for the morning safari!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fine set of photos but where are all the people?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comment to Bob- I think all the people saw the Hermit-Writer ride into town with his camera and they hid! Ha! Ha! Just kidding. I do adore taking these desktop urban jaunts with you! What is up with Goldies Bar? Too early to be open maybe? What amazing Hollyhocks growing too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome. Why do the colors look so darn vivid? Like moreso than the pics you've taken in Florida?

    ReplyDelete