Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I Don't Get Your Business Model

For the mock ups I've been displaying...I write the artist to ensure the piece is available, and to ask their permission to showcase their work.

An artist sent me this note:


i do not understand your business model :-)
is this a "fake cover" that somebody might buy from you eventually?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,



I responded:

Exactly

I see it as…they buy the art from you…and I simply help them package it for a cover. Or…by looking at the mocked up covers…it inspires ideas. This is the value I aspire to create at my blog.

My business model: I try to sell my novels via traffic to my blog. I encourage traffic to my blog from photography, nature lovers who enjoy my ‘Sunday Safaris’ and ‘Wednesday in the Woods’, and now I am expanding this by bringing authors looking for unique artwork to use for their novels.

If authors create their own covers…finding artists from links on my blog…and I don’t make a penny…I am ecstatic. I’m not trying to make a living creating book covers. But things offered free are viewed as ‘no value’, wouldn’t you agree? So If I help them package the art, I charge a token $40 USD

I’m just a poor, un(traditionally)published author who shouldn’t have given up his day job *smile*

I very much appreciate your time and consideration.

Hmm…I have to post this to my blog.




Have a great day.

(Did I mention I create e-book covers?)
Home PageContact me On KindleOn Nook
Sunday SafarisBook Designs

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a novel idea to me! I know some of the covers you've posted have given me pause to create...even if just for the moment! Good luck Mac!

    ReplyDelete