Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day in the Desert - Pictures

I took my Wednesday day trip south, down the Rio Grande Valley, following the Mission Trail, which contains several missions dating back to the days the Spanish claimed the region...like Tigua, Ysleta, Socorro, San Elezario (I'm missing one...it'll come to me). I stopped at the second and last of these to snap a few pictures. Molly was unimpressed...except by the half of a gordita she got from my lunch.

The Ysleta Mission


A typical sight in West Texas, cotton fields (in winter fallow), pecan orchards, and mountains in the distance (these are in Mexico).

I'm not in the city any more.

Eye-catching adobe wall. (At least it caught my eye)

Moving down Highway 20, to San Elezario, a Spanish precidio's mission.




The police station of the metropolis of Clint, TX.


I stopped for lunch at a rough looking hole-in-the-wall. This sign clinched that I needed to keep my hand on my wallet. 

I snapped this picture out the window where I was eating lunch. I think this girl may be destined for tomorrow's gorditas.


Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Sigh, I miss the blue sky. Correction. I miss the blue sky and warm weather. :P

    Great photos, R. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! The sky looks extra blue somehow!

    ReplyDelete