Thursday, November 8, 2012

Story Worth Telling

Writers…a great quote:

"A woman running through the woods from a serial killer ... doesn’t seem a very gripping idea because it isn’t.  Hiding who or what she’s running from doesn’t make it any more gripping. Emphasising how scared and desperate she is also doesn’t help. The only way to make it thrilling and enticing is to give her something truly horrifying to run from, and then tell the reader what it is from the outset."

Read the entire blog here.

-R. Mac Wheeler
Home PageContact me On KindleOn NookSunday Safaris

4 comments:

  1. Hey, very cool post! thanks for posting this. I also became a new follower over there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an awesome post! Thanks for sharing. I needed that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mac. Appreciate the mention.

    mood

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a good post. Thanks both. It's caused me to think - which I do every so often

    ReplyDelete