Thursday, September 13, 2012

No-Reply, I'm Ticked at Blogger(and embarrassed)



I went to my profile to show a fellow blogger how to NOT be a no-reply for comments.

I couldn't find the setting I knew had to be there.

So I googled it [a proper verb, by the way].

As a former software developer, I go bezerk when I find bad designs, and this is a doozy.

In order to allow your buds to reply to the email notification they receive for your comment, you have to check something ENTIRELY counter-intuitive.


I mean…who wants their email address DISPLAYED on their profile for the world to see, right?

Wrong. Instead of a box like…uncheck to disable (no-reply) comment replies…. How asinine is this?

*he screaches, wiping egg off his face*


-R. Mac Wheeler
Home PageContact me On KindleOn NookSunday Safaris

4 comments:

  1. I think of all the blogs I visit (an unnatural amount) there might be 2 or 3 who email their reply comments to me.

    I always reply on the blog unless it's something that needs to be kept private. The nice thing about replying in the comment stream is that it often creates a dialog between commenters and that's always a bonus.

    When I leave a comment, I subscribe to comments in case the blogger leaves a reply.

    I leave my email visible on my blog so fans and visitors can contact me--which they do all the time. But you're right, the way Blogger has it set up, it makes no sense whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you for demystifying the process for us :) I'll go click that box now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that doesn't make any sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Google hid the option:

    1. go to www.blogger.com/home
    2. very top-right corner...see the name of your blog...click the down caret for 'Profile'
    3. Click blogger profile
    4. very top-right corner...see orange rectangle that says 'Edit Profile'
    5. see the second item under Privacy: 'Show my email address' should be checked.
    6. you MUST scroll to the very bottom and click 'Save Profile.'

    ReplyDelete