Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Beta Read, Anyone? Otherworld Fantasy

I'm editing a work I started over twenty years ago.

The perfect beta reader would be a fan of Katerine Kurtz' Deyrni series, since Lord Regent contains many of the same elements of clairvoyance, telepathy and empathy, without the heavy historical base.

I'm still debating if I will publish…because the key element of the plot entails a world of twins which complicates the names of the characters. As an example, key characters known collectively as Clar—Claren and Clarisa.

The similar names and number of characters may make the novel heavier to read than most readers would enjoy.

So the main feedback I'm looking for…Do the names turn you off?

Let me know if you're interested. I will provide in rough, Kindle or Nook formats.

Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm.. I have 3 books I need to finish reading at the moment. Are you in a hurry? I'm not familiar with Katerine Kurtz, though. Let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I wish I had time to beta read! That sounds interesting. And hey, finishing up a 20-year-old project sounds great--talk about tying up loose ends. :)

    Yes, often similar names and many characters DO make for harder reading. As I get older especially, I have a more difficult time retaining all those. LOL

    ReplyDelete