Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Writer—Writing What We Are

In a back-and-forth email-conversation, a dear writer-friend shared something stated in her critique group:

"The next writing we do will be influenced by what we are currently reading or viewing on TV. Do you think that's true?"

I liked my answer so much I had to shout it out:


I think our writing is the aggregate of our soul. Everything we experience, through all of the senses, impacts our next, written word. We write who and what we are…and everything, from an interesting accent, to a lonely daisy growing in a fallow field, changes us.

-R. Mac Wheeler
Home PageFacebookContact me On KindleOn Nook

4 comments:

  1. I love this and it goes so well with my theme of inspiration! Could I repost it as a guest post on my blog? Let me know what you think! Have a fabulous day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've scheduled it to post Thursday morning - Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think our writing is the aggregate of our soul. Everything we experience, through all of the senses, impacts our next, written word. We write who and what we are…and everything, from an interesting accent, to a lonely daisy growing in a fallow field, changes us.

    I agree, though sometimes I have the uncanny feeling that something possesses us

    ReplyDelete