Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What a Relief -- I've Shortened my Reading List

Over the last several years I had followed a lot of fellow bloggers. It was getting to the point even scanning the titles in Reader was onerous, much less reading any blogs. 

So I made the decision…created a list of my followers, went to my list of followed blogs and unsubscribed to all but about four bloggers that hadn't followed me back.

Why did I wait so long?
What a relief.
(If you notice you've lost a follower, and you've changed the name of your blog, give me a note back. I WANT to network with those who wish to reciprocate.)
-R. Mac Wheeler
Home PageContact meOn Kindle . . . On Nook

7 comments:

  1. An outstanding idea! Happy I'm still on your list! Especially since I can just tell your friend (the ready to bark cutie) really wants to go out and play catch or something! Please! He's begging, get off the computer! I've got dog business to do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did exactly the same myself a couple of weeks ago, and I find I have more time to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for continuing to follow me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's kind of a good idea, except I'm so nosey I'd keep thinking of everything I was missing out on by not following X. Although there are some I mark as read, even though I haven't - so maybe I'm half-way there. I'll do a stock check after the A-Z.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard to cut loose, but sometimes it's the best thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't got enough followers to make it an issue : ) But, yes. Reciprocity has to be a deciding factor

    ReplyDelete
  7. I follow quite a lot of blogs who don't follow me. I have to admit though, if I'm short on time, those are the ones that don't get read. I guess we all have our favourites ;-)

    ReplyDelete