Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Guest Author—C.L. Bevill

Caren is an author of uncountable novels and tons of novellas. Find her on Amazon, Smashwords, and B&N. She blogs satirically over on Confessions. Visit her homepage. 

My regular followers know interviews bore me…so I'm looking at Caren to entertain me…not inform. So, let's get to it: 

Question: What single, personal experience most influences your writing?
Answer: As a child I was kidnapped by venomous spider people from the Amazon and felt that life in the normal world is somewhat dismal by comparison.  Therefore I was forced to use my imagination. 

Question: What would litter your writing if you knew your mother or child would never read your work?
Answer:  Are you kidding?  My own sister won’t read my writing and I’m pretty sure my child will probably be appalled until she’s about thirty-five, so it’s probably for the best. 

Question: What deep, dark, sexual fetish would you most like to get into every piece of writing?
Answer:  Oh, systematic toe sucking of course.  I can’t always work it in, however. 

Question: Your deity informed you the protagonist of your next novel must either be a bisexual werewolf or trampy dwarf who makes a living selling macramé. Which do you choose and why?
Answer:  I think I would go for the bisexual, trampy werewolf dwarf who makes a living selling macramé.  (By the way, I can never actually pronounce the word, macramé, so basically I’m hosed on that one.) 

Question: What is the creepiest personality trait of your all-time-favorite character?
Answer:  I always wanted to do a cannibal story so it’s got to be Hannibal Lecter and his interest in an open-minded diet.  

Question: Have you ever told about the loss of your virginity from a character's point of view? If not, why not?
Answer:  Well, you did say your questions wouldn’t be boring.  No, I have not done this in my writing.  Why not?  That one never occurred to me, but now I’m going to have go re-read all your stuff, Mac. 

Question: If you could snap your fingers and become one of your characters in his/her world, who/where would that be, and why?
Answer: One of my favorite characters is Bayou Billy and it would be fun to be a rude, misogynic asshat for a little while.  You know, just to get a different perspective.  Also to be able to shoot people in their butts.  (If you haven’t read the book then you wouldn’t understand.  But here’s your motivation.) 

Rude parting shot:  Yoda lives. 

Polite parting shot:  Yoda doesn’t live.  And George Lucas is crazy for not doing Star Wars sequels. 

If you haven't read any of Caren's work, are you crazy, or what? 
Regards,
R. Mac Wheeler
Home PageBlogOn Kindle


2 comments:

  1. I loved this. Please can we have more 'interviews' like this? (Or maybe just more from Caren!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat interview, groovy blog:)

    ReplyDelete