Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Today's Favorite Passage


"So I want east. East. Straight," I shouted, as though it was critical Zach knew exactly what I was thinking. "Interstate Eighty East," I read.

A second later I turned left up the onramp. I never drove on the highway. I hated highways. Objects rolled way too freaking fast. There was no rule against me driving on the highway, I just hated to. Never any reason to. My big weekly exploration took me straight down Kennedy to the best mall in Tampa.

I looked to my left and behind and saw nothing but a string of headlights hurtling toward me. "Ayeeeeee."

"What? What?" Zach shouted.

At least he was still alive. "I hate merging onto a highway!" I'm pretty sure I screamed it.

My phone rang.

"Not now! Not now!"

I accelerated, as though I knew what I was doing. The ring of the phone hammered at my skull.

"Out of my way! Out of my way!"

From REVENIR INTERN

Regards,
Mac
Home Page ... Facebook ... On Kindle

1 comment:

  1. You know just how to leave a cliff hanger :)

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete