Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Heavy Heart – Anne McCaffrey 11-22-2011

Anne McCaffrey made a reader out of me. The first book I ever read that wasn't a school assignment was White Dragon. Years later I named my first white German Shepherd after Ruth, the white dragon.

White Dragon encouraged me to read everything by McCaffrey. My scope broadened across the science fiction and fantasy genres because of her.

McCaffrey's cross genre influences got me into historical fiction, which led to an interest in evermore genres. I am in part the person I am because of Anne McCaffrey.

Today I have a heavy heart.

Regards,
R. Mac Wheeler
Home PageBlogOn Kindle

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Her books continue to be my favorites. She's been such an inspiration to me. I want to write like she did when I grow up.

    ReplyDelete