Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Writing Versus Storytelling

Nathan Bransford's recent posting "Writing vs. Storytelling" piqued my interest. I pondered the qualities of each facet of the craft. I cogitated on the definition of "writing." I flipped over and read a score of the rants (commonly called "comments") for one article about King's comparison of Rowling and Myer.

It occurred to me as I read those, you can't separate the two in a comparative way. Taste in the written word is no different than that for sculpture or water color. It's all part of the overall experience, and it's individual. The prose or story may be more important in this piece, not another. The key is to blend enough of each to satisfy the reader.

Write Every Day!

Regards, Mac
http://home.roadrunner.com/~macwheeler/

No comments:

Post a Comment