Thursday, August 5, 2010

Vision

When Dina interrupts my writing, she stands still for a ten-count, because she knows I may be looking at her, but my mind is still in the soul of my protagonist. I exist as an ogre on the shore of Black Lake, or a Revenir deciding whether to rip the heart out of her enemy's chest.

The deeper you submerge your thoughts into your character, the more realistic the setting, visceral the emotion you create.

Notice I didn't say characterS above. What are you, a schizophrenic? Of course you can't write from more than one point of view! Nor should you. EVER. :)

Write Every Day!

Regards, Mac
http://home.roadrunner.com/~macwheeler/

1 comment:

  1. I just couldn't resist! You are confusing schizophrenia with Dissociative Identity Disorder (commonly called Multiple Personality Disorder). Schizophrenics only have one point of view; it just has no basis in reality. But someone with DID, the "zebra" of the psychiatric diagnoses, could have several POVs running through their psyche.

    I am glad you are enjoying the books.

    Yours truly,
    A Friend

    ReplyDelete