Writing should be crisp and original. But characters can use banal language, and cliches. That's my excuse for this post, and I'm sticking with it. Okay. The scene I was working on needed an immature, well known comeback, and nothing would come to me, so I did some serious research. I'm sharing my critical data with you today. If not useful, I hope it puts a smile on your face.
- Nanny nanny boo boo stick your head in doo doo.
- I know you are but what am I.
- Your momma.
- I used to care, but now I take a pill for that.
- You're ugly and your momma dresses you funny.
- Take me to your alien leader.
- Your species is feces.
- If I throw a stick, will you leave me alone?
- Your teeth are brighter than you are.
- I'm sorry, I don't speak idiot.
- Are you too poor to pay attention?
- You were kissed on both cheeks by the ugly fairy.
- You were beaten by the ugly stick.
- Fell from the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.
- Were you born with the dent in your head?
- Do you have gas, or were you saying something?
- Was that your entire vocabulary?
- You're so ugly, if you threw a boomerang, it wouldn't come back.
- Don't play hide and seek. No one will look for you.
- Use your head. First time for everything.
- You don't have to say anything. You offend me by being in the area.
- Shut up. You'll never be the man your momma is.
- Your face catch on fire? Looks like someone tried to put it out with a brick.
- Have to leave? I was just going to poison the tea.
- We all sprang from apes. You didn't spring far enough.